Sunday, December 1, 2019

Triangulating the Surface of a Sphere

Stereo Projection to a Sphere

I'm going to try this again, looping and animating with setInterval. First to place pts until I have a hundred of them spaced at least 65 px apart. Then make a triangle by finding the two closest points, and the pt closest to the midpoint of that edge. Then I need to build out triangles off of those three edges. An edge is unique and can belong to one or two triangles, so I need to make a list of triangles and edges, adding new 'open' edges and removing 'closed' edges. I also want to have a list of 'open pts', removing pts as I use them. I need to check adjacent open edges before I make a new triangle with an 'open pt' which is farther away than the other end of an adjacent open edge.

Go get Chrome!

No comments:

Post a Comment