Tuesday, June 13, 2023

This morning's prompt is 'flying monkeys', and I will be posting it here later, after I copy paste it into my journal.


I desire to run Space Adventure again, or at least write a roller coaster ride of an adventure which may never get run... Anyway, after reading up on 'Beyond the Wall', a no prep system where group character and village creation is roleplay, I of course want to do that for a starship and her crew.

There are of course several ways to approach this, from a captain finding a crew to crew as found family and community. Ownership is key; do the player characters have shares or is the ship owned by one player who doesn't have to be the captain, or anything in between?

We might be using some random tables for all this, as with BtW, but I don't own it and it's a fantasy OSR game, so I'm not really feeling it. I dimly remember how FASA Trek and Traveller worked. WEG Stars Wars is pretty much useless here, as I remember it being a random free-for-fall dropped ad hoc into the group! 8-P

Since player agency is important but this is a coop creation game, so back to shares; you buy in and the ship is PC property, it comes out of the character build.

No comments:

Post a Comment