Sunday, October 2, 2011

Crisis of Faith Averted, Going off the Deep End...

I'm going to splash around in the deep end of the pool and see if I can write 2K words a day for my own private NaNoWriMo. The New October Novel, aiming for 60K words by the 31st, starts today, and I have no idea what I'll write about.

Why yes, I am crazy, did you really need to ask?

Lately I haven't been able to write, haven't been able to finish anything. But I went to John Passarella's Book Launch Signing Party 'Night Terror'

http://www.facebook.com/groups/88087032121/?id=10150341390707122#!/event.php?eid=243389872373250

and he talked about the writing life, among other things. Writing to contract, he used an outline, but writing on spec, for love if you will, he kinda sorta wrote his way to the end. I can't make the outline thing work, but I love diving into the story and answering my own questions as I go. Not very disciplined, but there you go- it works/doesn't work for me, YMMV!

So, what it think I'll do is take a few of those old writing chestnuts and burn them in the imaginary fireplace- write what you know, write what interests you. Maybe a paper-folding fool who has created his first orignal paper-dog? Or a Sci-Fi fan who wants to live forever and terraform Mars...

I'll figure something out; I always manage.

No comments:

Post a Comment