Thursday, April 23, 2020

Programming Projects

To Do List

Where to start? I need to finish up with the POWM world build. I have a POWM, I have a height map, but I'm not satisfied with the landmass I'm getting from Worley Noise. I need to process my raw results, maybe layer WN on top of Voronoi Tiles? The pointy oval makes for roughly 10^4 km^2 tiles per pixel from pole to pole and I can do a mean surface temperature estimate by latitude. Climate is generated from MST and precip, which is based on my height map. Converting this to a spherical polyhedron with hundreds of triangle faces for a spinning 2.5D projection is doable, just difficult.

  • Walker Animation
  • This is problematic. I have a couple of line segements now, what I want is '3D' articulated leg assemblies and body parts moving around with the leg assemblies, rules/algorithms for 'walking' from place to place. While not strictly 'walking', Trikes from my BD Space Opera would be nice, Oddities and eight-limbed Hunter tiger/centaurs, oh my! 8-P

  • Cube to Sphere
  • This is something of a personal challenge; the 'proper' way do a sphere vs a UV sphere! 8-P

    No comments:

    Post a Comment