Friday, January 7, 2022

Worked on some functions, nothing new to see

4 January 2022- World Circumference and Surface!

Drawing polygons to the surface of a world sphere...I'm going to build out a series of polygons form the backside of my world sphere to the front, so that we're seeing through to the backside and the inside of the sphere at that. The polygons overlap back to front.
I'm writing functions and using P5D for XYZ, horizontal and vertical, and TR8 for 1st endpoint of an edge, 2nd endpoint, 3rd opposite point of the triangle the edge belongs to, midpoint of the edge, center of the triangle, a vector at right angles to the edge, area and color based on depth. I'm using the vectors of two adjacent edges to push out a vertex and make either two new triangles and edges and a new vertex, four subdivided triangle pairs, four edges and three vertices, or, close off a concavity where the potential new vertex is too close to the other two endpoints! I am adding or removing edges and vertices of the border of the area I've 'mapped' so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment