Thursday, February 3, 2022

No sketch this morning and I dozed through ‘Father Brown’ tonight, so I guess I’ll get to coding. I want to be able to splat out a lot of triangular terrain tiles which are either land or sea. I can calculate the area in 3D with the cross product or cut corners on my rectangular world map and just go with half the area of the rectangle the triangle lies inside by finding the corners, greatest x, least x, greatest y, least y to get the dx and dy for the width and height. I find some target number and then add up triangle areas until I reach it and move on. For tonight I just want to fin the area of my triangle in this way.

Done. I need to take those vertices, find their XYZ coordinates and calculate the cross product next, then do the same thing with several triangles…


No comments:

Post a Comment