Thursday, February 10, 2022

Courage, Ability and Maps

Thursday 10 February 2022- Tuesday's word was 'courage' so I drew a dog for 'Courage The (Never!) Cowardly Dog' this and followed it up with an archer woman for yesterday's 'Ability'.



I should fix what I’m doing wrong with my overlap detection routine (including making it a separate function?). That and I need to get started on the flying spaghetti monster suggested by Jim, plus doing something for Valentines’ Day on Monday.

Going back to a grid would be a nice way to try to make land and sea tiles. Do rows and columns of quads subdivided into a pair of triangles. The corners of the quads and triangles have random heights or may be subject to a random point walk. Some gridpoints may be some land surrounded by sea, some random height above sea level surrounded by sea, at some random height below sea level.

I’m watching youtube channel, Master The Dungeon, ‘How to Make a Better Tavern’ and jonesing to run a bit of space adventure, so the greasy spoon in the little rock your ship just arrived at, and I do mean in, as in tunnels and in a spin habitat for gravity; the space rock is too small to have much to speak of.


No comments:

Post a Comment