Sunday, November 5, 2023

This morning's prompt is 'age of maturity'.


I failed at this, of course... although, squishing it down helps a lot!

I've been using a random walker to find land tiles in my deformed square to diamond grid to a sinusoidal world map, where the subdivided triangle corners of my quad pairs are grouped into triangle corners which share a point in the my deformed diamond grid (whew!). This is annoying (also annoying is the way I end up with polar quads and an equatorial quad where the s2dg2swm left and right corners meet up, but this is a price I will endure... 8-P), but I can handle this by coding a lazy 'flood-fill'. I will make a list of points and point-groups which are neighbors to land tiles and randomly pick one, add that area to my current total, change the tile colors to green, rinse and repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment