Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Today's prompt was 'garden salad'.


I didn't think about nanowrimo all day...
I am happy with the progress which I finally made with yet another pointy oval world map. sinusoidal, even. I googled the right spelling and found that a sinusoidal projection is a pseudo-cylindrical equal area map with the least distortion along the equator and the prime meridian. The edges are hella distorted, which is why a peeled orange version works a little better, with great complexity! 8-P
This basically means that I should be building up bits of landmass around the center of said landmass, and linking them up as necessary to get something like a peeled orange shaped world div. I can do this with at least a strip of ocean quad. A world map might be built up out of latitude strips. Each bit of latitude stretches from east to west, or west to east, actually, and a long land quad would be bracketed with some sea, then at some point before it reaches around the globe to touch the other end it may become some land again. I can try to model the rifting of a land blob to create deep incursions of sea into the interior, or have bits collide!
Well, naturally I didn't get any code written. I did find some more prompts for the perpetual prompt and move it out another week.

Alright, this is using the oracle to write a setting-
Are there any elves? Yes, 19<75
Is this a sea-based setting? No, 92>83
Are there any warrior women? Yes, 57<93

No comments:

Post a Comment