Sunday, June 27, 2021

Back to talking about things and not getting them done 8-(

  1. Peeps! Definitely plural, walking around, now outside in their ‘chicken condo’

I haven’t worked on this

  1. Procedural Flag, waving in the virtual wind. I can do waves, just modify the z coordinate!

I need this for the 4th of July

  1. Extrusion of 2D and 3D shapes by picking points in the canvas, such as serpentine landmass and body plans.

  2. Procedural world-building, from stars and their worlds to meshing spherical polyhedrons

I sort of have been working on this

  1. Critters! Procedural body plans and walk cycles, ecologies? 8-P (This list is getting pretty, so that’s it for now)

  2. Adding WFC, I didn’t get it done yesterday


Although I did get some random history going, vague, comments in parenthesis-


9 random events (in the world over just about half a century, two generations)


Year: 10, a minor war (with a minor power, between minor powers or resolved quickly?)


Year: 12, a major epidemic (major in that it’s widespread and/or kills a lot of folks?)


Year: 14, a(nother) minor war (between two minor powers)


Year: 22, a major reformation (effecting lots of folks or does it make a major change?)


Year: 29, a minor marriage (not to them, of course)


Year: 33, a minor reformation (involving a small portion of the population or a minor change?)


Year: 39, a minor discovery (well, keep it to yourself then, if you don’t think it’s so special…)


Year: 44, a minor epidemic (few people die or it spreads to only a few)


Year: 51, a minor celebrity dies (again, I’m sure they were a big deal in their own story)


I need to work on specifics and it occurs to me that things like wars and epidemics, recessions and recoveries are persistent, multi-year things and affect very different fractions of the population to very different degrees. This is always going to be a first pass, modified by copying and pasting it into your word processor and going to town, like I just did to a lesser degree. It occurs to me that we could flip this for a turning points system to key in an ass-backwards character generation, maybe even group character generation? In the year you were born… yeah, I like it!


Tonight I need to-

  1. Finish ‘Hazel’

  2. Make a map with random heights, a grid of quads sub’d along the three highest corners

  3. Get back to (and finish?) Peeps


Finishing off ‘Hazel’ as a priority, because I have a deadline



No comments:

Post a Comment