Thursday, June 10, 2021

Nothing much to see here...

 (Passing on rewatching Jack Reacher because I actually want to get something done tonight! 8-) So instead I will??? I dunno, but I need to get back to my peeps. I have it walking, but I need it to turn around and face the destination before it walks, otherwise it walks backwards. Also, I want the feet to be at least some distance apart but less than too much, at least 20 px, but less than 100 px? I settled for moving the head based on, ahem, heading. So, really not getting much done tonight… and I’m still a little short, but now I have the words! 8-P

I felt bad about not writing anything of worth, so here goes- use PR# with a seed based on position to generate some terrain, averaging heights with four neighbors which I get from their positional seed. The seed is ((x*height+y)*width+z)*width, which should give us a big enough number, even for a flat 2D map with zero depth. For the purposes of demonstrating this I’ll simply wrap the map left to right, top to bottom, basically a hoop world, but I could use the latitude and longitude to sample points on the surface of a sphere. A low poly UV sphere should be very quick to implement.

No comments:

Post a Comment