Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Google Docs is screwing around with me again; I started revising some code to use for an octagon world div with a boring center point and some heights, but I can't get at the code to copy and paste from G-Docs. Since I’m waiting around anyway, what I can do to keep everything dead simple and set up a world div rectangle with a small daughter pointer div inside of it to let me get a XY offset for the page. Then we can take the next point as the center of a world quad; the center and latitude along with the two poles and the midpoint on the seam at the latitude fro the right and left, east and west edge-points of the quad. We can give this initial point a height by picking another point and summing up the dx and dy and simply make all the other points, or at least the three other points, anyway, negative one third of the initial points’ height. We then subdivide the four triangles of my quad six ways each, so that we get a pair of polar quad/triangle fans and front and back eight-sided triangle fans. Whew! This gives me a central sea or a central landmass paired with a lot of landmass or ocean on the back side of my world peach polyhedron.

No comments:

Post a Comment