Saturday, September 11, 2021

 No, I didn’t spend today obsessing about it. I didn’t do much more than mow the damn lawn, although just now I came up with a new scheme for subdividing my world peach polymesh/polyhedron thingee! 8-P

Subdivide the oval-shaped world polygon  by picking three or more points. We could do this with two points as long as we find the center or just a point within these two halves to be the center and make a triangle fan, then reduce the two triangle fans by picking points somewhere along the line between the center and the polygon vertex. If I make sure the numbers are sometimes two or more consecutive ‘ones’ then the polygons may even touch. I do need to be careful that the polar triangle fans are more than a pair of triangles, pretty obviously. I could guarantee this by making those two points of a quad, with the other two points lying along the east or west edge, which, don’t forget is the seam where my world peach wraps around. These two really should never be corresponding points, or the center of the quad triangle fan lies along the prime meridian and I don’t want that, but stuff happens. We can get the second and last random points between the poles in a fairly straightforward fashion.

I will need to keep track of where polygons touch...


No comments:

Post a Comment