Thursday, September 23, 2021

Looks like I didn’t write last night… anyway, I gabbed about Father Brown over on feeb just now-

Father Brown is one guy who will never go to hell, unless it's to reclaim one of his flock. And then make Lucifer look like a fool...

Case in point, he refuses to gloat after escaping a trap set for him, using the seal of confession against him. The murder convinced her lover to commit a tricky suicide and frame Father Brown. I could imagine him wanting to do something about that suicide... even if he was trying to send Father Brown to the gallows.

People are not toys or tools, they have intrinsic value, and not because he's trying to 'save their soul', but because they need to be saved, period.

We see some evil, but more often we see people who are lost and alone, tricked and confused or desperate, despairing. Of course, sometimes, like this time, they are dangerous spiders which need to be put down; even in prison, awaiting death, she was still ruining people's lives! I'm not a good man, and I would end quite a lot of merely vicious people because unlike Father Brown or Uncle Iroh, I do not believe that everyone deserves yet another wasted opportunity to do the right thing (we're talking about murderers and abusers here, of pets and animals as well as people, but especially pets and children).

I mentioned people are not toys, or tools, but I have a character who I call the maker of blades, Victoria Vegas. Tori survived the second day of dragons like Jules Le Croix before her on the first day of dragons and she became a maker of blades, both literally and metaphorically, molding and training soldiers. She and Jules turned themselves into weapons against the Dragons, but first they were survivors… I can only assume that the irony of using people and being used was not lost on Tori. I really should write about her again.


No comments:

Post a Comment