Tuesday, February 6, 2024

This morning's prompt is 'comb', and I haven't drawn it yet, I was running late!


Tried again at lunchtime-


Vinnie hasn't run a game since long before that which will not be named and I will not be at Relaxicon yet again this year. I'm getting old and really wish I could, so against my better judgement I will prep a four hour space adventure with aliens and strange old worlds to explore for fun and profit, just for s#!@$ and giggles.
***
Ben made windrows out of eyesight and brought back some water. They were running low on disinfectant but spared a little extra for the washbasin after the mother and son had drunk their fill of the gallon with just a drop of bleach. She was awake and seemed to be aware of her surroundings, heart beat wasn't so alarming. Ben felt that bastard, hope.
She wanted to comb his hair but was too weak, so Tom brushed her hair instead while Brenda and Ben washed them up, and themselves as well, before Ben parted the tween's hair. Tom put up a hand to stop him, then dropped it.
"It's alright, I shouldn't have-" Ben said.
"No, I... I'll keep brushing her hair and you can- Mom?"
No one breathed until the mother took a shallow breath and then began to snore. Ben blinked and saw Brenda wipe at her face. Tom was openly crying and Ben mussed up his hair.
"Well now you'll just have to comb it all over again," Brenda said while over busying herself in her backpack, facing away from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment