Monday, February 19, 2024

This morning's prompt is 'romance novel'.


Ben read the cover of the dog-eared romance novel Brenda was reading.
"'Love Theory'?"
Brenda made as if to hide the book away and thought the better of it, clearly. Ben took in her glare and asked her. "What?"
"I'm waiting."
"For?"
"The obvious."
"Look, you don't have to tell me about it, the name of the book was somewhat interesting, but you seem a little defensive." Ben shrugged. "Your business."
"Seriously? No questions?!"
"Brenda." Ben shook his head. "Some of my best friends are books." He caught her look. "Yes, seriously."
"What's your favorite then?"
"You have a few hours, while I-"
"First one you can think of!"
"'Citizen of the Galaxy'. Heinlein ripped off 'Kim' and some 1930's movies, but I didn't know that. I loved it and don't care about his sources. Or maybe 'Avatar'-"
"Wait, the movie, or novelization?"
"Not. Cameron's. Abomination."
"The cartoon, then?"
"A novel, from the 70's, by Poul Anderson. And if I had them, I'd drag them with me to the ends of the Earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment