Friday, July 30, 2021

Overlapping Polygons and back to NMWM again

I could have made my overlapping triangles much better drawing them inside of the rectangles from my overlapping rectangles; still would be overlapping, but I would not have so much going on in the center of my world rectangle. Tonight I need to turn the triangles into more than three-sided polygons. I can do that with the method mentioned before or I can subdivide a polygon side at a random point and push the side out or pull it in, subdividing the sides and fractalizing the coast-line of my landmass. I’ve done this before with the user picking points but either of these will be run by the page.

After that, create a world from a set of variables including how much land and sea we need to map and work out the surface conditions, temperature and pressure. This could be done with ul, but I will probably just set up a paragraph element to change. Eventually I will want to be able to click on SVG elements and add text to sea or landmass, identify settlements and the like.

  1. Triangle to polygon as more than three points around a center, effectively a triangle fan

  2. Random star and planet attributes to get a circumference, diameter and surface area, then we want to split that up into land and sea area

  3. Follow that by drawing triangles in the world rectangle, accumulating the triangle areas

  4. Use what I call random marching triangles to build up landmass with pleasing shapes

No comments:

Post a Comment