Saturday, July 31, 2021

Should have concentrated on complex poly...

I made complex polygons last night, then I got started on world building by attributes. I left a placeholder world map, now I want to splat out some non-overlapping landmass rectangles. I also want to have a few more posts today to get my posts up to 47 for July. I'm at 45 with this post which I will need to replace. I changed the for loop to a while loop and had the total landmass area attribute to reduce to zero, while each rectangle can still overlap. I actually still want the overlap but I want to cut out the overlap from the total land area. I’m at 46 of 47 posts and I have an unhealthy drive to get to 47… 8-P

What do I want to do for the 47th post? Break down the landmass and seas differently. Same blue rectangle to start with, but fill it with some triangles and get the areas of these triangles, subtract them from the total landmass and repeat while total landmass is greater than zero. Later- which I did, right triangles and ugly! I need to find the area of the overlapping polygons, and I really just need to go ahead and build out random marching triangles. Either way, best to roll out a function for the triangle area from the cross product.


No comments:

Post a Comment