Sunday, August 29, 2021

I watched Rick and Morty and then anime after midnight instead of writing the code last night and came up with another way to start off the triangle while madly sketching the possibilities. Get a point on the polygon, p0, and the next point, p1, then find a third point across the oval shape, p2. This defines a skinny triangle with a narrow base p0-p1, and we can find a fourth point, p3, at the center of this triangle by averaging the three vertices. We can do this again to get p4 at the center of the triangle (p0, p1, p3), to make a triangle (p0, p1, p4). Or we can find the third point at some randomly generated coordinate inside the oval by rejecting or modifying points which don’t work. We can then check to see if it’s too far and makes an unappealing long narrow triangle, and then reduce that with some more math. Once we have a triangle, we can march triangles around the edge and make a rim polygon. If we get areas and make a polygon until we have a big enough cumulative area, then start another, we can start portioning the area of the world polygon like I had talked about portioning the world surface.

Looking ahead to September and it has thirty days… What if I were to try again? 8-P

What to write about? Who, what, when, where, why and how? Who am I writing about, what is their problem (personal and plot-wise), when and where does the story take place, how can the problem be resolved and why should it be resolved one way or the others?

Obviously I want to write about humans and aliens; I am what I am. What’s the story problem? When and where? How can this end and why? If I’m writing about humans and aliens, what goes very strongly with when and where. What are humans and aliens doing, when and where are they? On Earth? Possibly. Out in the galaxy? (Yes, please!) When does this all happen? Today, last year, a million years from now? If I ever figure these out, I can worry about how and why.


No comments:

Post a Comment