Monday, August 16, 2021

I zonked out as usual and got back up at 1 AM to work on stuff, so this is Tuesday morning. I’m headed out with Mom for the ferry in a few hours and I will need to get the passenger seat cleared out presently and get a shower. What I’ve been doing instead is playing around with input fields. I just found out that I still need a button on the code I copy-pasted to my blog, but other than that I’m happy with what I’ve been working on. I want to make my shape divs clickable, so I will experiment with that later, after I get the bugs out of the risus character generator which I got started just now…

(Actually, Google is just stubbornly refusing to update and I can’t copy-paste what I can’t copy…)

Risus is a dead simple RPG based on silly traits. You fight by rolling dice based on the opposing traits, lose dice (temporarily) as you fight and lose the fight when you are reduced to zero dice. I can feed traits into the list of traits with an input text box from which I have removed the box, added a ‘trait’ placeholder and grey underline. You enter a trait by hitting ‘enter’ after to type your input, then I want the page to add clickable numbered spans for ‘1 2 3’ dice (d6, by the way).

So far-

Risus Character Generator

Name: Sir Spamalot

Sling Insults

Dodge Taunts

Fart


No comments:

Post a Comment