Saturday, August 28, 2021

Mom and I went up to visit Dad’s grave today. Gayle and Jeff were there and Jeff was pleasant. I even tried to say how much I liked the flowers Gayle had just brought… and then she had to improve it, which wasn’t? I didn’t think so. It was a little asymmetric and much better, before. Why make the effort?

Back to the oval-shaped world polygon. We can define a polygon subdivision with a straight line between any two points in the polygon which aren’t adjacent. I’ve done this many times and made a dogleg as well. I was looking at a process of making triangles inside the world polygon from the edges inward. Now, any three consecutive points on the polygon make up a narrow triangle, which we can push inward by subdividing that inner edge. So, pick a point, p0, and the next two points are p1 and p2. Then define a fourth point, p3, on the edge between p1 and p2, then we do some math and find a fifth point inward, p4, to make a triangle fan around p3, quad p0, p1, p4 and p2. The two inner edges can be pushed out inward, although the outer two can wrap around...


No comments:

Post a Comment