Saturday, January 14, 2023

Today's prompt was 'bew zealand', which I tried to sketch faithfully with more than just the North and South Islands!


Saturdays are for rumors and of course I need to write some code!

I didn't flesh out the Wayfinders from last night. The rumor is that they're eeeee-vile, which isn't true. People just say that because they're not terribly friendly with lowlanders, carpetbaggers and other trash! There may be one or two Wayfinders who have lost their way and are sacrificing to dark and ancient gods in the deep woods... of course that both denies and then turns around and reinforces the evil rumor.

The Wayfinders and the Lumberjack Army are fellow travelers, except that the Wayfinders probably aren't happy with deforestation!

I had a perfectly good pseudo random number generation function, but just recently I prompted the user for a seed number which I derived from the square root of the seed; I just took the part after the decimal point by taking the remainder of one. Each iteration after that comes form the square root of this fraction times a thousand, remainder of one.

No comments:

Post a Comment