Sunday, January 15, 2023

Today''s prompt was 'hobbit hole'.


Sundays it's back to settlements. I think in this case we go south on the Grey Flood. The capitol is a river port, where ships come up river to the point where the river is still deep enough for ocean going vessels, and where another major, lesser, river joins the Grey Flood. I need a name for this river, not the west or east river. The capitol's name is  Dunroody (Dunkel, London, Dunkirk and Ankmorpork all ran screaming through my head...).


I watched a rather heartbreaking All Creatures Great And Small, one plot thread I vaguely remember where the poor calves accidentally poisoned themselves when their horn nubbs, the protective cover which they're born with and which had a coating of poisonous antiseptic painted on, fell off in their pails of milk. Siegfried caught it or they all would have died...

No comments:

Post a Comment