Wednesday, February 1, 2023

This morning's prompt was 'hamster'. I think that I managed to capture the shifty, nervous look in its' beady little eyes...


World23 Wednesdays are for cultural stuff, something fun and interesting about the far north, among the people of the walking thickets. The first thing I thought of just now is 'hamster', of course. The guinea pig is kept as a small food source in the Andes...

When I googled hamsters as meat, I got a resounding 'no', being rodents they are not kosher and may have parasites in their livers, bleh! Since rats are on the menu pretty much everywhere, I presume this is actually squeamishness on the part of people who keep hamsters as pets, which, BTW, rats are also sometimes kept as pets. Therefore, switch to squirrels which are also kept as pets sometimes but are definitely on the menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment