Sunday, October 10, 2021

I didn’t get anything done yesterday, except I added quads to the string of points from friday. I can take the first two points and derive a triangle or quad around that line segment or vector. From there, we can push out the edges of, for example, the triangle to build a triangle mesh inside of a polygon. Push out one edge to make a quad, two edges to make a pentagon and so on. We can also push out vertices, and we would want to push them out between adjacent triangles where the edges create a concavity… I want to finally figure out a good way of doing polygons here. I can make a triangle from two points and randomly push the edges of the simplest polygon out with the dx, dy trick from the edge. Where we have two or more adjacent internal triangles for the triangle mesh we can push a vertex out, turning two or more consecutive triangles into a triangle fan. So I want to create a function to make the initial simplest polygon, a triangle, from a vector, then push out one or more edges randomly, picking a point along the edge and pushing it out a random distance. I need to keep track of the vertices which are shared by more than one triangle in the mesh and then push a vertex out, by first making a vector and virtual edge between two adjacent edges to get my dx and dy!

No comments:

Post a Comment