Tuesday, October 19, 2021

No words on Monday so I owe myself a double drabble tonight, and big surprise, I’m running out of time… I have a placeholder for both my words and my code while I work on each of them. I need to get back to writing the surfboard story, but I won’t get that done in the next few minutes. And a bit about some characters from my Big Damn Space Opera and my Space Western, too.

I was thinking about Jules after Jim suggested Jayne Cobb for Halloween (I was looking for an animation idea, but he thought I wanted a costume suggestion). There's a lot of story ideas I’ve never visited. Also, more like Jayne, I was thinking about Costigan, Marrianne and their daughter, Faith.

I want to get a triangle mesh going inside of a world oval. Make an initial almost-equilateral triangle like I've been doing, or correct for the proper dimensions easily enough and then push out one corner to make two wide triangles. I further subdivide along the longest edge to make four more triangles in a five triangle fan, a pentagon. Take those five points and push out all five corners into a ring or triangle strip, Then push the out corners of that out again, until we get past the edges of my oval, push them back and start to make my seam , the back side crease of what I call my world peach polyhedron.


No comments:

Post a Comment