Sunday, October 3, 2021

I’m a couple of days behind on Inktober. Also, I used ‘practical’, I need to use ‘commitment’ and today’s word is ‘justification’. This reminds me of when Inarra said that Mal used something trashman, ‘Atherton’, said as a justification to punch him. Don’t get it twisted, Mal wanted to hit him, we wanted Mal to hit him, and so did Inarra, deep down, but she was really complaining that he was doing it for himself, not for her and that it would make things difficult, which it did. But punching a jerk is always such a gratifying thing, and he was practically a nazi, so…

“I think that they’re trouble. You can’t argue that, can you?!”

“No. But just because a bunch of crazies think that they’re demons, or angels, for that matter-”

“This is all I have left of my Dad, you asshole!”

Woah. We stood there staring at each other. I think Julia was as shocked as me by that outburst.

“Are you kids done beating each other up?”

“Butt out, sister!” I said at the same time Julia said. “Don’t you play peace- Hey, you can’t talk to my...”

Julia is a honeyed blondish red-head, with freckles and grey eyes. She sun-burns a couple times a year when she hasn’t been out in the sun enough, and now she turned beet red, as bad as her worst ever sun-tan.

Michelle and I nodded to each other as she stepped into the workspace, which was getting crowded. Then I hung my head.

“Sorry, ‘Chelle, that wasn’t, I mean...”

“You’re a dumbass and I love you too, Pete.”

Actually, I think she does, after a fashion.

So, there’s that for tonight anyway… So, angel worshippers and demon-cultists, surf-punks and lesbians, oh my! Oh, and a man from the Guvmint… Agent Smith.

The other shoe drops tomorrow- “Which of you is Agent Smith and which is Agent Jones?”

“I’m Agent Mike Nakamura, and this is Agent Elizabeth Green. We’re with the FBI, you know, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, not the men-”

“And women!” Agent Green had dimples and a sense of humor. I think I was in love.

Nakamura sighed heavily. “*Not*. The men. And women. In black.”

"So... you're actually Scully and she's Mulder?"

I think Mike to an instant dislike to me, but I couldn't be sure.


No comments:

Post a Comment