Friday, October 22, 2021

Nelson’s word today was ‘Blessed’. How do you pronounce that? I say two syllables, Bless-ed, not one, ‘blesd’. Today’s Inktober prompt was ‘open’ and I drew an open meadow with some visible tree trunks, a stag and another poking her head out into the meadow.

I was looking at a couple of characters I created yesterday using my stupid simple RPG mechanic, a word, a doodle and three rolls which gives you three or more traits. I used the first of Nelson’s words, ‘practical’ and turned a doodle into a goofy head with a carrot top and an angular chin- get that inside a fishbowl helmet! Has the skills Ship- 37, Blaster/Brawl 27/26 and Sing Silly Songs/Barter 31/30 for Prax the Practical Belter. Then I did ‘grief’ and turned a doodle into a twisted humanoid shape with an axe. I didn’t get to the traits, but I came up with a woodsman conjured up by a wizard from a mangled old tree to be a ‘hunter and murderer of trees’. I got dark there,,,

What I want is to do a character a day and I think that starting with a word and a doodle might be a good way to go. Of course I’m not going to doodle in google docs here or on my page, I have a lot of trouble with drawing maps as it is! But the word ‘blessed’ and today’s inktober sketch are okay. Blessed open meadow? Imagine, if you will, a blended intelligence. The visible aspects are the forest and animals, but these are controlled by mycelium in the soil. They eventually learned to colonize and travel with the animals, learning to control them and becoming a sort of over-mind, even manipulators for tool-using symbionts. This wasn’t so much a character as a species!


No comments:

Post a Comment