Sunday, November 7, 2021

Nelsons' word yesterday was ‘mother’ and today’s was ‘brother’. The 6 and 7 Inktober 2019 prompts were ‘husky’ and ‘enchanted’, mother husky and enchanted brother?! 8-P I suppose I can draw a mother husky nursing her pups and the enchanted brother pup is trying to nurse while it’s ass end is hanging up in the air! I really should stop and draw that now… I decided that rather than making a character for the mother husky or the enchanted brother, I would stat out the owner, a loner veterinarian/farmer, (38/38) Veterinarian- 38, Farmer- 38, Carpenter- 4 (he helped build a dog house once), (30/29) Cooking and Canning- 30, Tailor- 29.

So I haven’t been writing or coding and I have been reading about solo RPGing, dungeon and hex crawls, which I naturally want to try. I can procedurally create a map with triangles other kinds a of polygons, I couldn’t draw a perfect hexagon anyway, but triangles, quads, pentagons and weird hexagons come out of the rules I’ve been working on for turning three points into a pair of consecutive vectors running head to tail and defining a triangle, a quad from a derived fourth point, or a hexagon if the quad has long sides and you push out the midpoints to make a ‘fortune cookie’ hexagon. This means you can make shapes which internally have one triangle, a quad triangle pair, or a pair of triangle pairs, a pair of quad triangle pairs, with three, four or six vertices. The vertices can be important in a third dimension to give you height, elevation. This can tell you where rivers might run along the edges, if that’s something you’re interested in. We can get some ‘marching vertices’ going on where we push out an ‘open’ corner (there probably should be a rule where the vertex is in a concavity and the new point is too close to adjacent points and fills in instead), to grow a map at the corners.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment