Friday, November 5, 2021

Nelson’s word Wednesday was ‘father’ and the 3 Inktober 2019 prompt was ‘bait’, so I googled it and got ‘craw father bait’. That’s a soft bait for catching fish. But I never wrote my words and I failed to do so last night either (Father Brown was fun and as usual didn’t mess with my head in the same way Vera has a tendency to…). Skills for a character might be ‘Fisher of Men’ or ‘Address the Fish’.

The Anglican Angler knows how to be a ‘Fisher of Men’, as Jesus called on his disciples to be, and to ‘Address the Fish’, know what the fish want, think like the fish. So (32/32), Fisher of Men- 32, Address the Fish- 32, Cleaning and Cooking- 25 and Camping- 31. FoM would be his ‘day job’ of attending to his flock and running a church, whereas AtF is the craft of fishery, then cleaning, cooking and camping would round out a pretty one-track character. I should add that this is always just the beginning the way to jog my character creation brain. In fact, Cleaning, Cooking and Camping- 25 and Craft a Sermon- 31 is much more likely.

Thursdays’ word was ‘phone’ and the 4 Inktober 2019 prompt was ‘freeze’, or phone freeze, which ultimately suggested Gene Hackman’s character from ‘Enemy of the State’, who would have ‘Sneakers’ type old school Phone Phreak- 48 (48/48) and modern Cell Phone Tech- 48 (very different skills), Handgun- 14, plus more CIA type (49/48) Psych Warfare- 49 and Countermeasures- 48. Perhaps a conspiracy theorist who has been at this for decades and finally learned all of the enemies’ moves or enough of them to become what they hate… Phred is a troglodyte of the first water, like that poor bastard from ‘Office Space’.

The 5 Inktober 2019 prompt was ‘build’ so I drew a man building an igloo. Nelsons’ word was ‘hell’, to which I say ‘Hell is other people’. We could have an icy hell, but I think my character chooses to think of it as an icy oasis of life to which they escape from a sterile city un-living working for The Man. We see Izzy happily constructing an igloo with his new best friend, a three-legged rescue who is camped out as dogs are prone to do in the doorway, thinking about a nice ham sammich! Arctic Wilderness Survival- 40, Hunting and Trapping- 28, Hiking and Camping- 37. I just hope Izzy doesn’t get lost…

No comments:

Post a Comment