Sunday, November 14, 2021

What I need to do is get off my fat butt and drag some of the tree Cliff cut down and I fell behind on hauling off to the brush pile, which I didn’t want piled up again, but it got piled up again anyway… Nelson’s word is ‘clock’ and I haven’t looked up the 14 Inktober 2019 prompt yet; ‘overgrown’. An overgrown clock tower, ruins? I like it, but how about an abandoned grandfather clock? In the woods, someplace where a settler wagon lightened the load before going on? More likely it’s a roadside dump which has to be cleaned up and the grandfather clock is in decent shape, just left exposed to the elements and overgrown with honeysuckle. I’ll need to sketch that at some point, but first I want to paste my blog, add a feature to the placeholder code I wrote last night and get out there and haul some branches!!!

I hardly made a dint in it, but I did a little and then went shopping, because I needed cereal and real, plus I was bad and bought a half gallon of fudge ripple… The sketch turned out okay. I should work up a character involving this. The clockmaker and the gardener? Perhaps a clockmaker was maimed by a truly black-hearted bastard, his hands ruined so that he could no longer make his beloved clocks but his healed and twisted fingers were enough to grub around in the dirt. His (former?) patron has put him in a little cottage for reasons and he still has one broken grandfather clock in his little garden, so (32/32) Clockmaker 32 and Engraver 32, Gardener 32, Prosthetics 27. He has begun to rebuild his ‘hands’ and his life with prosthetics, inferior but a vast improvement. He also dreams of revenge and has started to build mechanisms...

I hardly made a dint in it, but I did a little and then went shopping, because I needed cereal and real, plus I was bad and bought a half gallon of fudge ripple… The sketch turned out okay. I should work up a character involving this. The clockmaker and the gardener? Perhaps a clockmaker was maimed by a truly black-hearted bastard, his hands ruined so that he could no longer make his beloved clocks but his healed and twisted fingers were enough to grub around in the dirt. His (former?) patron has put him in a little cottage for reasons and he still has one broken grandfather clock in his little garden, so (32/32) Clockmaker 32 and Engraver 32, Gardener 32, Prosthetics 27. He has begun to rebuild his ‘hands’ and his life with prosthetics, inferior but a vast improvement. He also dreams of revenge and has started to build mechanisms…

That was pretty good, if I do say so myself!

Speaking of ‘overgrown’, I would like to grow some vines and leaves. The vines would be line segments, but since I need to use thin polygons in place of a ‘line’, we can use some of the tricks which I’ve been working on. Leaves start out as diamond shapes around a line segment. These I made last month for my falling leaves. The vine starts with a single line segment, two points. Two line segments have three points, three have four, and so on. There are line segments. plus one, points in a series of line segments. We randomly generate two points for the initial line segment and make it some length in pixels long (with math!). We can also make a line segment into a polygon with some width (I’ve been here before, with serpentine landmass).


No comments:

Post a Comment